250-254 West 82nd St. New York

fsi-250w1.jpg
fsi-250w2 (1).jpg
fsi-250w3.jpg
fsi-250w4 (1).jpg
fsi-250w5 (1).jpg
fsi-250w6 (1).jpg
fsi-250w7.jpg
fsi-250w8.jpg
fsi-250w9 (1).jpg
fsi-250w1.jpg
fsi-250w2 (1).jpg
fsi-250w3.jpg
fsi-250w4 (1).jpg
fsi-250w5 (1).jpg
fsi-250w6 (1).jpg
fsi-250w7.jpg
fsi-250w8.jpg
fsi-250w9 (1).jpg

250-254 West 82nd St. New York

1.00

Building Highlights:

Two pre-war cooperative buildings, located in the Riverside-West End Historic District. 

250 West 82nd was built in 1899-1900 by architects Stein, Cohen and Roth. The first two stories have a rusticated stone base with an arched entrance with broken pediment and elaborate decoration. 

254 West 82nd was constructed in 1902-1903 by architects Neville and Bagge. Six-story building containing a rusticated stone with segmental arches and windows decorated with lintels. 

Project Highlights:

Scope of Project:  Rear and front facade restoration project. Scope of work included the replacement of deteriorated masonry, cutting and pointing of mortar joints, lintel replacement and restoration of ornamental stone. In addition, FSI also worked on the replacement of the rear roof at the lower level and the reconstruction of sections of the parapet walls at the 254 building including the installation of a new roof deck and pergola. 

FSI's Involvement: Preparation of construction documents in order to remedy unsafe facade conditions discovered during the Local Law 11/98 inspection for Cycle 6. The firm coordinated the bidding phase of the project to qualified contractors and provided recommendations for the selection of a contractor. Replacement of the roof at the rear portion of the 254 building was incorporated into the project in order to resolve areas of water infiltration.
Once the facade and roof restoration projects were completed, the project was signed off and the Local Law 11/98 report was amended to SAFE status. FSI was also involved in the design and development of construction documents for the fabrication and installation of the roof deck and pergola along with the modification of the stair bulkhead for use of the building's residents.

Quantity:
Add To Cart